How? Host an awareness event, sports competition, fundraiser, candlelight vigil, march, movie screening, dinner, walk, run, yoga or Zumba class with free materials and information provided by Shared Hope International.
Who’s in charge? You are! Gather your friends, neighbors and colleagues. We’ll also connect you with other Shared Hope supporters in your area. Together, you can make a difference!
Where? Any venue will do – home, church, university campus, downtown plaza. Get creative!
What do you do? Gather your friends, family, colleagues, club or organization and share the facts, hand out information and challenge them to get involved by providing action steps relevant to your community.
Questions? We’re happy to help! We can provide creative input and guidance in planning your event. The most important thing to keep in mind is that you’ll be most effective at raising awareness by using your own gifts and talents.
- Start an anti-trafficking book club. May we suggest Renting Lacy?
- Host a film screening. Movies like Chosen or Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking are excellent tools to help spread awareness.
- Plan a concert.
- Organize a human trafficking forum. Order the National Report or the Protected Innocence Challenge for audience members or speakers.
- Host a fundraiser. $.82 of every dollar donated to Shared Hope is used to directly fund prevention, restoration and justice services for survivors.
- Host a candlelight vigil or prayer gathering to pray for those impacted by sex trafficking.
If this sounds too complicated, start with a friendly gathering over coffee with your closest friends. You’re only limited by your own creativity. We’re so thankful for your investment – big or small.
Don’t forget – we’re here to provide the resources and tools you need. Count on Shared Hope to supply the fact sheets, documentaries, and expertise to make any event or gathering a success.
If you are interested in hosting an event, please email your name, phone number, and mailing address to Resources. We’ll be in touch soon. For more information, contact us at 360-693-8100.