Internships at Shared Hope International’s Institute for Justice and Advocacy in downtown Washington, D.C. allow undergraduate students the opportunity to be immersed in a nonprofit environment. As a Shared Hope International intern, you should possess a desire to make a difference while expanding your understanding of sex trafficking and policy change. Hours are flexible depending on the program or course requirements. Shared Hope International gladly offers course credit. All internships are unpaid but offer a monthly travel stipend depending on the number of in-office hours completed each month.
There are three internship tracks available at the Institute: Policy, Communications, and Events Management. Interns will primarily work with their specific program leads to assist with a variety of projects. Along with project tasks, interns attend professional development workshops that include resume building, cover letters, and personal growth. The projects provided by the staff allow for each intern to build a solid portfolio from their experience with development and management in a small NGO (non-government organization). If capacity allows, interns may also attend local awareness events, press conferences, and tours within the community of DC.
If you’re interested in working at our Vancouver office as a Vision and Call intern, please see the
Vision and Call internship webpage.
To apply for an internship with Shared Hope International, please submit the following information:
- Cover Letter: state your goals for an internship term of service with Shared Hope International, and specifically answer each of the following questions:
- What is your experience with the issues of trafficking, forced prostitution, or sex tourism?
- How would working with Shared Hope assist in the advancement of your professional career, and what do you hope to gain from your experience?
- What relevant skills do you have? (Please especially note if you have research and analysis, database management, organizational, language, and/or computer skills.)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Recommendation Letter: Please include one professional or academic recommendation letter and the contact information for your reference.
To Submit Your Application
Please send an email with your cover letter, resume, and recommendation letter to Ashley Cunningham firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at
Spring semester- November 15
Summer semester- April 15
Fall semester- July 22