Established in 2006 by the M.J. Murdock Charitable Trust, the Vision and Call Internship Program is built on the belief that life’s longer lessons, the ideas that shape commitment and souls, are often best learned through an apprenticeship experience and worked out through a community of mentors and peers. The vision is to assist college-aged students and recent graduates to consider their vocation direction while gaining meaningful ministry or work experience. The program typically targets young adults, ages 20-25.
Each internship program is expected to feature:
- A careful intern selection process
- The involvement of experienced leaders in mentoring
- An “apprenticeship” model of learning
- Intentional conversations concerning “vocation and calling” and giftedness
- A significant ministry experience in the organization
- Opportunities to integrate with a larger movement of emerging leaders in the Pacific Northwest
The Vision and Call Internship with Shared Hope International is a position that holds a three-fold purpose: 1) to provide a transforming experience for young adults; 2) to increase the pool of talented emerging leaders entering into the anti-trafficking movement; and 3) to educate and empower a commitment to the development of young leaders on the part of Christian organizations.
Under the direct care and leadership of the Director of Growth Strategies, the intern will fully integrate into the Growth Strategies department and work closely with the program managers of Shared Hope’s child sex trafficking awareness and faith initiatives. The intern will also complete various awareness-related projects, including a special project designed by the intern, will attend community outreach events, participate in local Human Trafficking Task Forces, care for and steward Shared Hope’s volunteer family, and assist with research, as needed.
Stipends for these positions are grant funded by the M.J. Murdock Charitable Trust.
Shared Hope is now interviewing for the following internship positions:
Email all of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- Using sharedhope.org as a resource, submit a one-page, creative document that expresses understanding of the mission and programs of Shared Hope International.
- List of three (3) references with contact information: one professional, one personal, and one ministry leader/mentor.
- A signed Statement of Faith
Interviews of all candidates will be in-person at the Vancouver, Washington Shared Hope office. Shared Hope cannot pay or reimburse travel costs for interviewees.