Shared Hope International is committed to bringing justice to victims of sex trafficking by supporting the development of global, federal and state policies and legislation. We provide comprehensive research, expert testimony, coalition support, and advocacy initiatives to strengthen trafficking laws and build better policies to protect victims and prosecute traffickers, buyers, and facilitators.
The Protected Innocence Challenge is a comprehensive study of existing state laws designed to inspire and equip advocates. Under the Challenge, every state receives a Report Card that grades the state on 41 key legislative components that must be addressed in a state’s laws in order to effectively respond to the crime of domestic minor sex trafficking. In addition, each state receives a complete analysis of this 41-component review and practical recommendations for improvement. Click here to view 2013 report cards and analyses if you cannot see the map below.
- The Demanding Justice Benchmark Assessment
- Protected Innocence Legislative Framework Methodology
- Fact Sheet
- RICO Prosecution and DMST Offenses
- Prosecuting Demand as a Crime of Human Trafficking – The Eighth Circuit Court Decision
- A Legislative Framework for Combating Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking
- The Problem of Demand in Combating Sex Trafficking
Be an Advocate!
Find the policy gaps in your state by reviewing your state’s report card and analysis and recommendations report then use these tools to advocate for stronger laws!