Save our children from sex traffickers
- A Georgia girl, recruited and then forced into prostitution. The predator was found guilty — but the damage to that child had already been done. How did it happen? The predator lured her using Craigslist and Backpage.com.
- Teenage girls, recruited — then sold like cattle, across the Midwest. The leaders were charged in court — but the girls’ lives had already been shattered. How did it happen? The traffickers set their “hooks in the water” via a website.
We could go on and on — with hundreds of tragic-but-true stories like these. But as heartbreaking as it is to see predators hunting for children online, it just got worse:
- The pandemic has placed more children online more hours per week — and the predators are systematically taking advantage of this fact in order to lure and exploit more children.
- The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children says that reported incidents of online enticement of children were up more than 90% between January and June 2020 over the same period last year.
We need to be more proactive than ever in warning caregivers about the dangers — and equipping adults to protect the children in their care. We will do so — with your help. Your generous gift today will:
- Make our Internet Safety Toolkit free and downloadable, with age-appropriate resources not only for adults but for children as well.
- Produce three national webinars for parents and teachers, helping them understand the dangers, and actions they can take to protect their children.
- Distribute fact sheets to thousands of parents and teachers, providing basic information but also connecting them to our free Internet Safety Toolkit and other online resources.
- Produce more video resources, including promotion of a campaign on the dangers of popular apps and teen “sexting,” and how parents can talk to their kids about this extremely important subject.
- Keep pushing for new and stronger laws to close down demand and protect children.
- Keep working to restore the lives of survivors.
- Keep invading the darkness of the online world where the predators are connecting with our kids.
It all begins with you, here and now. Please give as generously as possible.