The personal information we collect from a donor or prospective donor either online or offline may include:
- Name, organization/church, mailing and/or physical address, phone number, email address;
- Billing name and address, credit card number and expiration date;
- Information concerning how you heard about Shared Hope International;
- Information you wish to share: questions, comments, suggestions;
- Your request to receive periodic updates (e.g., to individuals who request it, we will send periodic mailings related to specific fund-raising appeals, prayer concerns, and newsletters).
How Information is Used
Shared Hope International collects your information in order to record and support your participation in the activities you select. Specifically, we use your information to help you complete a transaction, communicate a response to you, and provide updates on organizational activities. Credit card numbers are used only for donation or payment processing and are not retained for any other purpose. We use the comments you offer to provide you with information requested, and we take seriously each recommendation as to how we might improve communication.
No Sharing of Personal Information
Shared Hope International will not trade, share or sell a donor’s or prospective donor’s personal information with anyone else, nor send a donor mailings on behalf of other organizations. We assure you that the identity of all our donors will be kept confidential. Use of donor information will be limited to the internal purposes of Shared Hope International and only to further the organizational activities and purposes of Shared Hope International.
Discontinue Contact Upon Request Policy
It is the policy of Shared Hope International to discontinue contacting any person upon that person’s oral or written request directed to the organization. Recipients of Shared Hope International e-newsletters and e-appeals are given the option to unsubscribe at the bottom of each e-newsletter or e-appeal.
The Shared Hope International website currently uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. The cookies used on the Shared Hope International website include those which are strictly necessary cookies for access and navigation, cookies that track usage (performance cookies), remember your choices (functionality cookies), and cookies that provide you with targeted content or advertising.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- to recognize your computer when you visit the website
- to track you as you navigate the website, and to enable the use of any e-commerce facilities
- to improve the website’s usability
- to analyze the use of the website
- in the administration of the website
- to personalize the website for you, including targeting advertisements which may be of particular interest to you.
When you use the Shared Hope International Website, you may also be sent third party cookies.
Our advertisers and service providers may send you cookies. They may use the information they obtain from your use of their cookies:
- to track your browser across multiple websites
- to build a profile of your web surfing
- to target advertisements which may be of particular interest to you.
Updating Your Personal Information
You may correct your personal information and privacy preferences by contacting us at:
Privacy Related Complaints
Please note that the Shared Hope International Website is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of non-Shared Hope International websites which may link to or from our site.